Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Tapps and Apps 2009

Our friends the Cudworths sure know how to throw a party. They hosted an event called, "Tapps and Apps" a fun contest of pairing an appetizer with a beer that compliments it. This was literally a food smorgasbord sent from heaven. I left 10 pounds heavier, with cheese sauce and a smile smeared on my face. Good thing I wore my leggings.
The entries were not your basic appetizers but gourmet delicacies, arranged beautifully throughout the room, which was also decorated and cozy thanks to Missy's skills. Some of my favorites were mini-paninis with carne asada, grilled Anaheim chilies, feta and carmelized onions paired with Slim Chance, and Obatzda, an addicting cheese spread which was served with warm pretzels and paired with Hofbrau Hefeweizen.  I made "Chicken Pot-Pockets" which were puffed pastry pockets filled with roasted butternut squash, carmelized leeks, and chicken breast.  We paired these with Newcastle Brown Ale, which turned out to be a great combo.  The event was so much fun and I hope it keeps happening year after year! 
Here is the recipe for our entry: (I don't know why it is so small!) You can click on it to make it bigger 







3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your recipe - it was one of my favorites! Love your pictures too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They were flaky yummy goodness wrapped in a pocket! Hey I like how you posted your recipe, when you click on it, it's ready to print. Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum, your pockets were so tasty!!

    ReplyDelete